Kate is an experienced solicitor who has specialised in all aspects of family law for over 8 years. She has a strong focus on resolving disputes in a conciliatory and non-confrontational manner. Kate is experienced in advising on a broad spectrum of family law matters including divorce, financial matters arising on relationship breakdown, pre-nuptial agreements and issues relating to the care of children.
As an active member of Resolution, she has experience in a variety of alternative dispute resolution methods, including guiding clients through mediation, hybrid mediation and arbitration. Kate also has expertise in navigating the court process where required.
Notable work highlights
- Advising a father in contested child arrangement proceedings where the mother had a long history of mental health difficulties. The mother lost capacity during the proceedings and the father was able to secure a final order that the child reside with him.
- Acting for the husband in contested financial remedy proceedings involving a family business and significant pension assets.
- Advising a wife in financial remedy proceedings and securing a favourable settlement at a private FDR hearing, avoiding the cost and delay of a contested final hearing in the court process.
- Securing a pension sharing order for a wife against the husband’s UK pensions following an overseas divorce (in the US) under part III Matrimonial Proceedings Act 1984.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Mental Health First Aider.
- Dragonfly Champion.
What our clients say about Kate
“I have been particularly impressed by Kate Lewis. She has a maturity far beyond her relatively junior years, works conscientiously with considerable care, and builds a strong rapport with her clients. She is a pleasure to work with.”