Our mergers and acquisitions team provide a proactive, responsive and commercial approach, backed by a wealth of legal knowledge to advise on all aspects of M&A transactions, including mergers, share and asset acquisitions or disposals and management buy ins and buy outs for local and international businesses.
Our Corporate team have significant experience of acting for clients in a variety of sectors so we understand the commercial issues that are important to you and we strive to deliver legal solutions that meet your commercial objectives, working alongside your tax, accounting and other advisers.
We utilise our relationships with both external professionals and our internal colleagues in their specialist disciplines. With this we can provide expert advice and project manage on all areas relevant to a particular transaction in a smooth and efficient manner and help to reduce the risks facing buyers and sellers looking to complete a successful transaction.
Examples of our deal experience include:
- Multiple acquisitions for The MCG Group, following a £20m investment by equity partner Tosca Debt Capital
- Assisting in a $1.4bn international deal involving special purpose acquisition company Trebia Acquisition Corp, which saw System1, LLC become a publicly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange
- Acting on the sale of sale of Poole-based accountancy and business advisory firm Inspire Accountants to UK Top 10 accounting firm Azets
- Acting on the MBO of Borderland Fencing Limited in the construction and retail sector
- Acting on the MBO of CJR Propulsion Limited in the marine precision engineering sector
- Acting for the Mark Allen Group on multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of Sterling Events Limited, 13 magazines and newsletters and related business from Elsevier Limited and acquisition of the prestigious Farmers Weekly brand
- Acting for the sellers on Project Orange, a timber merchants
- Acting on the acquisition of Project Texas in its multimillion acquisition of an events company in Turkey
Why choose Trethowans?
Our corporate mergers and acquisitions team work with a wide range of clients, from entrepreneurs and owner managers through to fully listed international companies. Transactions often include private equity or bank finance.
Although we advise clients in a variety of sectors, we have particular expertise in acting on transactions for clients in the betting and gaming, risk management, construction (builder’s merchants), healthcare, technology, manufacturing/engineering, transport and leisure sectors.
We look to adopt a collaborative approach to all transactions we act on. This involves working with all parties to complete a transaction which meets the needs of everyone involved.
Our Corporate team are recommended as a Top Tier firm in the Legal 500 2022 UK Guide and Band 1 firm in Chambers 2022 UK Guide.