Businesses operating a fleet of vehicles and/or equipment (be it cars, LCVs, HGVs, cranes, MHE or anything in between) will be all too familiar with the challenges and complexities involving the purchase, lease, management, maintenance, repair and operation of those vehicles and equipment both commercially, legally and operationally.
Managing a vehicle or equipment fleet can be costly, involves a multitude of risks and means dealing with a wide variety of suppliers and service providers as well as drivers, operators and other internal stakeholders.
We have commercial contracts specialists who understand these challenges and complexities and have many years of experience in supporting a broad range of large fleet clients with contracts of this type including nationwide retailers and builders merchants and international manufacturers and food and beverage brands.
We can assist with:
- Supply agreements for cars, vans, LCVs, HGVs and MHE.
- Body builder agreements.
- Vehicle and equipment leasing agreements, including sub-leasing agreements and lease novations.
- Vehicle and equipment servicing, repair and maintenance agreements.
- Fleet management agreements.
- Logistics / 3PL agreements including warehousing and fulfilment services and route-planning services.
- Supply of goods agreements, for example AdBlue and load securing equipment.
- Supply of services agreements, for example, accident management and driver / operator training services.
- Fuel supply agreements including gas, HVO and fuel cards.
- Outsourcing agreements.
- Software licensing agreements for fleet management software and apps.
- Recruitment services agreements for vehicledrivers and equipment operators.
- In-vehicle equipment purchasing and support, for example incident recording cameras, telematics devices and handheld terminals.
- GDPR advice relating to the recording and use of vehicle and driver information.
Our teams can also provide advice relating to contentious transport issues including:
- Contract disputes
- Road traffic accident and personal injury claims
- Driving offences
Our specialism and experience means our lawyers can provide businesses with truly sector focused and commercial legal advice.
Our Corporate & Commercial team are recommended as a Top Tier firm in the Legal 500 UK Guide. We are also named in The Times Best Law Firms 2023 Guide and 2022 Guide as one of the top 200 legal practices in England and Wales.
To speak to our specialists, contacts us using the form or call us on 0800 2800 421.