Jon qualified as a solicitor with Bond Pearce (now Womble Bond Dickinson) in 1999 and remained with that firm until 2018 when he joined Trethowans as a partner and head of the Commercial Contracts team.
Jon is based within the Southampton office but the work of the Commercial Contracts team is nationwide and often includes international elements.
Jon has extensive experience of helping a wide variety of clients in relation to their commercial contracts, from FTSE 100 companies to SMEs. His work ranges from advising on simple terms and conditions through to drafting and negotiating complex, business critical outsourcing agreements.
Jon was a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 2021 guide.
Notable work highlights
- Advising a FTSE listed drinks manufacturer in relation to a variety of supply chain contracts, including agreements for contract manufacturing, the supply of workers and transport and logistics services.
- Advising P&O Cruises and Cunard in relation to their agreements for on-board retail concessions.
- Advising Saint-Gobain (Jewson) in relation to various agreements for the supply and leasing of commercial vehicles and cars.
- Advising an international coffee shop operator in relation to warehousing and distribution services and the supply of consumables.
- Advising Longleat Safari Park on a concession agreement.
- Advising Bacardi in relation to an event sponsorship agreement in Australia.
What our clients say about Jon
“Jon Stickland is an excellent external resource for us, and feels like an extension of our in-house team. He is totally unflappable, and gets the job done to an excellent level with no fuss and total clarity.”
“The Trethowans team are a seamless extension of our organisation, able to support on contract negotiations across a broad spectrum of sectors, whether supply chain, technology or commercial.”
“Trethowans commercial contracts support is excellent, with their team showing good attention to detail and providing timely responses. They have also taken time to get to know our business which adds to the value they can bring to contract negotiations and drafting.”