If you are thinking about making a clinical negligence claim, it is important that your clinical negligence solicitors are specialists in this complex field. The legal requirements to prove a clinical negligence claim are tough and it is essential that you have a specialist lawyer who is an expert in this area of law in order to achieve a successful result.
If you have been injured as a result of negligent medical treatment, you are entitled to claim clinical negligence compensation. We have won many such cases on behalf of injured patients and helped them rebuild their lives.
We have clinical negligence solicitors who are panel members of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme which recognises their expertise in clinical negligence matters. Clare Carter is also a member of the AvMA clinical negligence panel.
We have experience in successfully dealing with a wide range of cases against:
- NHS Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
Potential clinical negligence claims need careful and detailed investigations. You have to prove that the treatment you received fell below a reasonable standard of care and that this caused you to suffer the injury. Not all unsatisfactory medical outcomes are as a result of negligence. Cases tend to be complex and raise difficult and sensitive issues. We recognise this and deal with all cases professionally and sympathetically and have the specialist expertise to act for clients in these cases and obtain the best possible outcomes.
Our clinical negligence solicitors have acted for claimants and recovered compensation for them in a wide variety of cases including:
- Delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Misdiagnosis of cancer
- Negligently performed surgery – including general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, spinal injury, vascular surgery, cardiac surgery, ear surgery
- Brain injury
- Delayed diagnosis of ischaemia
- Spinal Injury
- Misdiagnosis of infection
- Administration of the wrong prescription
- Negligent dental treatment
- Failure to diagnose Crohn’s disease
- Failure to diagnose compartment syndrome
- Failures in vascular treatment
- Gynaecological and obstetric injuries
- Cerebral palsy and birth injury cases
Our clinical negligence solicitors are also able to act for clients on a no win no fee basis (also known as conditional fee agreements). Many of our clients with clinical negligence cases have conditional fee agreements with us. Please contact us to find out more.