Clare specialises in clinical negligence claims and complex personal injury claims on behalf of injured Claimants.
She acts for Claimants in a wide variety of high value, complex clinical negligence cases, including those involving birth injury, orthopaedic injury, amputation, delayed diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases (including cancer), gynaecological, surgical, vascular, cardiac and brain injury. Clare acts for adults and children.
Clare is a partner at Trethowans and heads the clinical negligence team.
Notable work highlights
Examples of cases Clare has dealt with include:
- Delay in delivery causing baby to suffer oxygen deprivation resulting in brain injury.
- Failure to diagnose appendicitis resulting in perforation and septicaemia.
- Delayed diagnosis of compartment syndrome resulting in amputation.
- Delayed diagnosis of spinal fluid leak causing spinal injury.
- Failure to diagnose bladder perforation during surgery causing permanent injury.
- Delayed diagnosis of bowel cancer resulting in death.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence scheme.
- Member of the AvMA Clinical Negligence panel.
What our clients say about Clare
“Clare is super clever, committed and a great head of the team. She’s fearless and gets the evidence effectively. She doesn’t give up.”
“She’s efficient and a real pleasure to work with.”