For many years Trethowans have been providing in-house legal teams with timely and cost-effective legal support which allows them to effectively support their organisation’s ever changing demands and needs.
Our lawyers work alongside in-house legal teams across a wide range of sectors including: technology, distribution, retail, hospitality, manufacturing, entertainment, charities and financial services
How we work with in-house legal teams
We pride ourselves on our commitment to developing our knowledge and understanding of the organisation and the people within it, particularly the in-house legal team, so that we become a seamless extension of the team. This allows our lawyers to provide legal advice in a way that works for the organisation and reflects the approach of the in-house legal team itself.
Our team are available to offer regular and consistent support to in-house legal teams. However, we recognise that the support required will change over time and so we are also able to provide flexible resource which can quickly scale to fit with the organisation’s needs and timescales.
Our team’s flexible, on request, support could include:
- Specialist support in respect of matters which are outside of the expertise of the in-house team
- Legal resource at times of increased demand from the organisation or where there is reduced capacity within the in-house legal team
- Supporting the organisation with projects which are large scale and/or time sensitive
- Advice on regular legal requirements such as risk reporting in respect of day-to-day commercial contracts against a streamlined and pre-agreed matrix of reporting requirements
- A support function to assist with ad hoc queries or to provide a sounding board for the in-house legal team and/or
- Legal updates and training to support the in-house legal team in keeping their knowledge up-to-date.
What services can we offer
As a multi-specialist law firm, with a genuine depth of experience and ability, we can offer in-house legal teams support in the following areas:
- Commercial contracts
- Technology contracts
- Data protection
- Banking and finance
- Intellectual property
- Commercial property
- General corporate advice
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Disputes and litigation (including lower value / high volume debt recovery and property litigation)
- Employment and HR
- Regulatory advice (including health and safety, environmental law compliance and food safety).
How we charge
We offer a range of transparent fee structures that will give you flexibility and control over costs, ensuring that budgets can be managed with confidence.
We can also provide legal spend reporting and tracking information.
Ensuring it works
We appoint a client relationship partner for each of our in-house legal team clients who is the person to whom any questions and queries can be raised.
Client review meetings can be held regularly to ensure that we are meeting the requirements of the in-house legal team and the wider organisation in the most effective way possible.
We can also provide written reporting and updates where required.
Why choose Trethowans?
Trethowans is an award-winning UK Top 150 law firm and full-service law firm looking after the interests of our local, national and international clients from our five offices in the South of England.
Call our team to discuss your needs and to speak to one of our expert teams today on 023 8032 1000.