Gavin qualified as a solicitor in 1991 and worked at Blake Lapthorn until December 1997, when he joined Trethowans.
Ever since he qualified, he has specialised in acting for claimants (formerly known as plaintiffs) in personal injury cases.
He has been a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) since 1991 and was regional secretary, then co-ordinator for the South of England Regional Group for 15 years.
He has also served as a Trustee to the local branch of Headway, a charity supporting those with acquired brain injury.
Notable work highlights
- Taken several cases to trial, where liability has been hotly disputed and been successful;
- Concluded a high value brain injury case at the door of trial, resulting in a lump sum award of over £2,000,000 and periodical payments of over £300,000 per annum;
- Concluded a clinical negligence case for a lady who suffered a spinal cord injury in an operation. A lump sum of over £1,000,000 was awarded with significant interim payments;
- Currently dealing with a case for an amputee following a car crash, worth in excess of £2,000,000
- Recently settled a fatal clinical negligence case at a mediation for nearly £300,000;
- Dealing with cases involving brain injuries at birth, lilkely to be worth several £millions;
- Dealing with a case for a man knocked over by a car, when a pedestrian. Claim is likely to be worth in excess of £1,000,000.
Accreditations & Memberships
- APIL, senior litigator
What our clients say about Gavin
“From day one of his case, you have been absolutely first class in your approach, friendliness, professionalism and representation.”
“I would like to thank you for all of your help, advice and guidance over the last five years. At times it has been a struggle to continue but your support encouraged me to continue as you always maintained I had a strong case. “