Nick is a highly experience corporate finance lawyer and one of the leading lawyers in this field on the South Coast. Since qualification in 1994, Nick has worked as a senior associate at Bond Pearce (now Womble Bond Dickinson), joining Blake Lapthorn (now Blake Morgan) as a partner, before moving to Trethowans in 2010.
Nick is head of the firm’s Banking, Commercial & Corporate Group.
Notable work highlights
Nick represents corporate and individual clients across a broad spectrum of corporate finance related matters, covering the sale and purchase of private companies and businesses, equity investment (including leveraged arrangements), corporate restructures, mergers and joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements and corporate governance.
Recent work highlights include:
- Acting for the shareholders on the sale of two well know leisure parks, one to a buyer backed by private equity (with the transaction structured as a ‘takeover offer’), the other to a trade buyer;
- Acting for The MCG Group to secure £25m growth capital through the first integrated finance investment made by Tosca Debt Capital;
- acting for Betting Shop Services Limited on its acquisition of Bet 21 Limited, an operator of licensed betting shops across England;
- Acting for shareholders on the sale of Orbis Technologies Limited (with subsidiaries in Malaysia and New Zealand) to PDI Software Inc, a US acquirer;
- Ating on the equity investment to support the management buyout of Inbox Insight, backed by Mobeus Equity Partners;
- Acting on the debt and equity restructuring of the UK’s leading independent supplier of industrial cleaning equipment.
What our clients say about Nick
“Nick is very switched-on and very collaborative. He knows his stuff and gets the deal done.”
“Our go-to commercial corporate partner in the region.”
Chambers and Partners 2023
“Nick and his team have been exceptional in providing the guidance, support and experience required to simplify and enhance an often highly complicated process. Nick is considered, commercial and thorough, able to communicate succinctly across a wide shareholder group and recognise the needs of all involved.”
Iain Brown, former Managing Director (and shareholder) of Sandy Balls Estate Limited