After qualifying in 2008 Mark worked in the corporate team at Blake Morgan for eight years. Mark joined Trethowans as a Senior Associate in 2016 to lead its corporate practice in Dorset and became a partner in 2018. Mark is head of Trethowan’s Bournemouth office.
Mark has extensive experience advising companies, shareholders and business owners. He advises on a broad range of corporate matters and transactions with particular expertise advising on the sale and purchase of owner managed companies and businesses.
Mark also has extensive experience advising on shareholders’ arrangements and investments, corporate reorganisations, family investment companies and share option schemes.
Away from the office, Mark is a trustee for local charity Julia’s House, a children’s hospice in Dorset and Wiltshire.
Notable work highlights
- Advising the shareholders on the sale of Poole based independent business and tax advisory firm, Inspire Accountants, to Azets;
- Advising fast growing employment business MCG Group on a £20m investment by Tosca Debt Capital as well as on MCG Group’s own acquisitions forming part of its growth strategy;
- Advising the shareholders of Inbox Insight on its management buy out backed by private equity investor, Mobeus;
- Advising the shareholders on the sale of Dorset based, I Supply Energy, to Swedish energy group, Vattenfall;
- Advising on the sale of Dorset based software company, Gilmond Consulting, to Utilita Energy;
- Advising a higher education provider on a number of strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of a specialist electronics school and a serviced office space to provide support for start-ups.
What our clients say about Mark
“It was a great pleasure working with Mark and the team from Trethowans. The commitment, camaraderie and support was fantastic and kept us motivated and focused through the hard miles on what became a complex transaction with a mature, much larger counterparty. The advice and guidance maximised our commercial and legal interests without compromising our relationship with our now employers.”
Rob Gildert, Chief Executive Officer of iSupply Energy
“We have known and worked with Mark and the team at Trethowans for many years on collaborative projects for our clients, and have great respect for them as fellow professional advisors in the regional business community. When it came to our own transaction, they offered us a truly personalised approach, something so important for me personally and my fellow directors. Mark’s commercial, pragmatic approach was consistent throughout the transaction, from instigation right through to its recent completion. The expertise and support of the wider Trethowans team, including Kathryn Evans, consulting on all employment aspects of the transaction was also greatly appreciated. We can’t recommend their service and approach highly enough.”
Warren Munson, Managing Partner, Azets
Insights and thoughts written by Mark
Trethowans delighted to have advised on the sale of Inspire Accountants to Azets
25 May 2022•
2 min read
Trethowans completes another three acquisitions for The MCG Group
01 Mar 2022•
2 min read
Katie Harris skydives for children’s hospice
08 Oct 2021•
< 1 min read
Trethowans completes purchase of StaffAid by MCG Group
23 Jul 2021•
< 1 min read