Rural properties often rely on private water supplies if not supplied by the water mains network. Our rural property solicitors have extensive experience in the issues which can arise from private water arrangements.
Private water abstraction can cause serious problems where that supply is provided to third party users. Problems often arise where there is a risk of the supply failing or where the water system needs major repair.
Our private water solicitors have extensive experience in this field and can advise on:
- Drafting new private water agreements between users
- Advising on obligations to pay for water consumed
- Assessing duties in relation to maintenance of a water supply system
- A landowner’s ability to disconnect a water supply
- Statutory obligations to upgrade residential water supplies
- Regulatory obligations on water testing
Why choose Trethowans?
Given that water is essential to survival, issues surrounding the supply of water tend to be highly inflammatory; and can have serious implications for the value of a property. It is therefore vital to choose a specialist to support you.
Our agricultural and rural property team is one of the largest and most experienced in our region. Between us, we have decades of experience in this field.
For expert advice on private water supply, don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced agricultural and rural property solicitors on 0800 2800 421.