I am a highly skilled technology lawyer, having been involved with technology law since 1998.
My main areas of practice are in information technology and e-commerce, including the development and licensing of software, outsourcing, online and cloud services. I also advise on data protection issues, usually relating to the use and transfer of customer data in IT implementations, and on intellectual property rights, particularly in the context of open source software and website/software development.
I am an officer of The International Bar Association (Technology Law committee), a member of The Society for Computers and Law, and an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
"fabulous client service and attention to detail." Chambers UK Guide
Areas of Expertise
- Adviser to an international retailer on its SAP licensing structure and other technology matters
- Advice relating to the procurement of design & build services for a key portal for clients of a large insurance and financial services provider
- Working with a large energy provider on a series of agreements relating to the development and implementation of IT systems to support the roll out of smart meters
- Establishment of a digital archive of military artefacts and records relating to World War 1 for a military charity
- Assisting a well known wealth management company in relation to the re-platforming of its core IT systems
Away from the office
I am married with two daughters. Along with being a keen runner, who also enjoys cycling (if sunny). I have a strange passion for classic cars and I can often be found broken down waiting for an AA van.