Our charity lawyers can assist you with all aspects of charity commercial arrangements, from trading and fundraising and what charities are permitted to do, to commercial arrangements with other charities and non-charitable bodies.
We would be happy to discuss any queries you may have and whether there may be additional considerations that you need to bear in mind as a charity.
Some examples of the type of work we assist with include:
- Advising on mergers, collaborative and partnering arrangements:
- Options for collaborative working
- Advising on mergers, including options, undertaking due diligence, advice on structures and implementing the merger and where applicable transfer of assets and operations
- Advice on alternative options to mergers.
- Joint ventures and collaboration agreements
- Commercial agreements and contracts
- Grant funding:
- advising on appropriate grant policies and drafting grant agreements and terms and conditions
- advising charities applying for and receiving grant funding
- advice on conditions attached to grants and reporting back mechanisms.
- Compliance with law and Code of Practice
- Fundraising and commercial participator agreements and arrangements
- Advice in connection with failed appeals.
- Gift Aid
- Trading and Gift Aid
- The Gift Aid Scheme
- Charity shops
- Intellectual property licensing
- If you allow anyone (including your own trading subsidiary where applicable) to use any of your intellectual property (“IP”), e.g. name, logo etc. you should have a licence in place documenting the use of that IP, when and in what circumstances the use should cease, and what consideration they are providing to the charity in return for the licence to use the IP.
Why choose Trethowans?
Our charity lawyers have the experience and knowledge to help you with your legal needs. Our wider charities practice means that we have charity experts in different teams which enables us to advise charities on a wide spectrum of legal matters with the knowledge and understanding of a charity’s specific legal needs.
To get in touch with one of our specialist charity lawyers please give us a call or contact us using our enquiry form and we will be happy to help.