We can provide advice in connection with management of and issues associated with risk, reputation and safeguarding. This includes preventative measures, ensuring appropriate policies are in place and followed, and management of risk when unexpected incidents occur.
Some common examples of how we may help include:
- Drafting and reviewing policies and processes
- Advice in connection with managing publicity and reputation management
- Serious incident reporting – advice on how and when to make reports to the Charity Commission
- Charity Commission regulatory concerns: We can assist trustees in the event of Charity Commission involvement if charities find themselves the recipient of an official warning notice, subject to an inquiry or other regulatory concerns raised by or involvement with the Charity Commission
- Safeguarding and Regulatory – we can provide regulatory advice and assist in relation to any incidents that may occur, including incidents involving vulnerable beneficiaries and/or where other regulatory bodies are involved
- Inquests – we can support you and advise on the process where you may become involved in an inquest
Why choose Trethowans?
We have governance and regulatory experts enabling us to support you in both the prevention of and management of risk, as well as being able to support your charity in the event something occurs and what actions you may need to take.
Our charity lawyers have the experience and knowledge to help you with your legal needs. Our wider charities practice means that we have charity experts in different teams which enables us to advise charities on a wide spectrum of legal matters with the knowledge and understanding of a charity’s specific legal needs.
To get in touch with one of our specialist charity lawyers please contact us and we will be happy to help.