If you’ve suffered an accident whilst on an aircraft, you may be able to pursue a compensation claim. Our personal injury solicitors are here to help.

Can I claim for an accident that occurred on an aircraft?

Travel by aircraft has rapidly increased in recent years. Cheaper air fares and more flight routes have meant that more and more of us are travelling by aircraft.

However, when accidents take place at 40,000 feet the situation can be very complex. Often people are not even aware of which country they are in (if any) when such an accident occurs.

For this reason, accidents which take place on aircraft are usually governed by the Montreal Convention (superseding the Warsaw Convention) and, in some circumstances, claims can be pursued in the victim’s country of domicile. The Convention potentially covers all accidents on an aircraft, including embarking and disembarking.

Our personal injury solicitors have experience of dealing with claims relating to accidents on aircraft and the Montreal Convention. Our specialist air accident lawyers would be happy to discuss any potential case on the telephone or in person. Don’t hesitate to call 0800 2800 421 or submit an enquiry form and we’ll get back to you to discuss your air accident claim on a no obligation basis.

How long do I have to pursue an air accident claim?

In the United Kingdom, victims of accidents usually have 3 years in which to bring an accident claim with the Court. However, claims arising out of accidents on an aircraft must be commenced with the Court within 2 years.

Why choose Trethowans?

Our experienced solicitors go the extra mile to ensure that you receive the compensation you are due for your air accident claim. Our personal injury solicitors work on a ‘no win no fee’ basis, so if we are unable to recover any compensation on behalf of your air accident claim, you won’t have to pay.

We have extensive experience handling air accident claims, and have the knowledge and expertise to ensure you get a fair result. Don’t hesitate to get in touch and one of our friendly solicitors will be happy to advise you further.

Answers are just an email away