Our specialist cohabitation solicitors are highly experienced in advising clients on all issues Trust and Cohabitation law.

Do I need a Will?

Married or not, you need a Will to ensure that your wishes are followed in the event of your death. If you die without leaving a valid Will in place, the Intestacy Rules apply, which may mean means that the people you wish to benefit from your assets do not do so because they are not entitled to them under the law. The Intestacy Rules may also result in complex trusts being set up for your family which can be costly to administer and contrary to your wishes.

Our dedicated Wills and Trusts solicitors can help you draft a Will that covers all the necessary assets you wish to impart and to whom.

Why use Trethowans?

Our specialist team of family lawyers can advise unmarried couples in respect of all legal issues including advice on Declarations of Trust, Cohabitation Agreements, and disputes and applications to the Court in respect of the former family home.

We have vast experience in handling sensitive cases with empathy and professionalism. We provide a high level of service to our clients always focused on protecting your interests and achieving a positive outcome.

The team are members of Resolution, which follows a Code of Practice to ensure that your personal circumstances are dealt with in the most dignified and constructive manner.

 Our expert cohabitation solicitors are located in either Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester, Poole, Bournemouth and London (by appointment only) can help in putting your affairs in order Please contact our family law team to arrange a free 30 minute consultation using the quick contact form on this page or call 0800 2800 421 .

Answers are just a click away

Make an enquiry