Honor is a Trainee Solicitor undertaking her second seat in our Commercial Litigation team based in our Southampton Office.
Honor joined Trethowans in September 2023 having completed her GDL and LPC with distinction at BPP University in London. In both years she was awarded a scholarship for Career Commitment.
During her LPC, Honor specialised her electives in Employment, Family and Commercial and Intellectual Property Law. Her first seat was in Employment Law.
Notable work highlights
- Honor completed both her GDL and LPC with distinction having been awarded a scholarship in both years for Career Commitment.
- During her LPC, Honor specialised her electives in Employment, Family and Commercial and Intellectual Property Law.
- Drafting business plans templates and job descriptions for a family business.
- Researching and advising on the use of job families in light of equal pay laws.
- Researching for a preliminary hearing on the jurisdictional entitlement to bring employment claims in a cross-border dispute.
- Drafting guidance on TUPE implications in the context of insolvent franchisees.
- Preparing training for clients on menopause, neurodiversity, EDI, harassment, and transgender awareness.
- Advising on the discrimination risk of basing pay rises on pre-maternity leave performance scores.
- Modelling on-call shift patterns in compliance with the WTR 1998.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of the South Hampshire Junior Lawyers Division (SHJLD)