Joanna is a solicitor in the Commercial Litigation team. Joanna qualified in September 2021 and has worked in the industry for approximately 8 years.
Joanna’s practice currently spans a vast area of disputes, including general commercial litigation, property litigation, construction disputes, and more recently she been taking on new instructions relating to contested wills and probate.
Notable work highlights
- Joanna has vast experience in property related matters, particularly as her background before her qualification is in residential conveyancing. Since transitioning from transactional property work to contentious property work, Joanna has successfully negotiated settlement on behalf of her clients in a variety of matters, and has enjoyed many successful outcomes at Court for those that are not capable of settlement beforehand.
- Joanna often undertakes her own advocacy in Court, particularly in possession matters, and has recently ran a possession matter on behalf of a Landlord all the way to a full Trial, which ended successfully in her client’s favour (including a costs award).
- Joanna also regularly assists more senior team members on much larger, complex matters including a high-value construction claim valued in excess of £1 million.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Southampton Property Association
- South Hampshire Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society
What our clients say about Joanna
“Because of COVID everything was done via emails & telephone calls this did not cause any problems Jo did a marvellous job & won the case for me, I can’t thank Jo enough for everything she has done, I would definitely recommend Jo & Trethowans”
“Jo was my solicitor who did everything for me, kept me informed all the way & provided me with all relevant documentation. She was polite & courteous at all time even understanding some personal issues I was going through.”