Robert is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation Department dealing with Commercial Insolvency and Property based disputes.
He qualified in 1991, becoming a Partner and Head of Litigation at South Coast commercial practice, Steele Raymond LLP and joined Trethowans as a Partner in 2019.
Notable work highlights
- Advising Director in relation to £12.5 million loans and Administration of property company based in central London – this required advice on the Administration- challenge to Administration and detailed commercial negotiations.
- Acting for Liquidators in claim for £300,000 plus against former Directors – dealing with breach of duty claims and limitation issues.
- Acting for Directors of company resisting breach of duty claims in excess of £800,000.
- Successful negotiation with lenders claiming £560,000 re finance claims against company and restructure.
- Acting for IT company against Energy Company for claim in excess of £1.1 million.
- Acting on behalf of software company in protecting its insurance software model and successfully enforcing intellectual property rights.
- Acting for foreign based investment Company in connection with Contractual Dispute.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of the Property Litigation Association.
- R3 Member.
What our clients say about us
“Robert has always provided me with sound, timely, commercial advice over the last 25 years. His easy style helps when explaining legal issues and in coming to the correct course of action taking into account commercial factors.”
“Described in Legal 500 (2016) as having “amazing” knowledge in my field and considered “quick and efficient””