If you plan to move to a new employer, or you believe your current employer is planning to force you out of the business, we strongly recommend that you seek legal advice at an early stage.
The detrimental financial impact of leaving an employer that provides benefits such as bonus plan, share scheme and long-term incentive plan (LTIP) can be significant. Our employment solicitors specialise in director and senior level exits and can strategise and, where necessary, negotiate a suitable exit for you.
In addition, you will want to understand whether your present contract of employment restricts your freedom to move to another employer via provisions such as post-termination restrictions. Again, our specialist solicitors can help you navigate this minefield and minimise the risk of high value legal proceedings.
Our solicitors can:
- Advise you on the enforceability of post-termination provisions in your old employment contract (e.g. confidentiality, post-termination restrictions)
- Provide information and advice on breach of contract issues
- Provide you with a strategy for negotiating an early exit
- Negotiate more favourable exit terms including giving you more freedom when you leave
- Advise on any shareholders agreements, bonus schemes etc
- Negotiate and advise on settlement agreements
Why choose Trethowans?
We are a leading Firm recognised in the Legal 500 2023 and Chambers and Partners 2023. The Employment Team is also ranked in for Employment Law in the South
For expert strategic legal advice on your director or senior management termination , don’t hesitate to contact our team of experienced team of solicitors on 0800 2800 421.