Health and Safety
It goes without saying that a serious accident at work will have enormous implications. First and foremost will be the human aspect – the impact on the injured person, their family and colleagues. At the same time, the business is likely to find itself in the midst of a criminal investigation, possibly fielding enquiries from the press. A criminal prosecution may well follow with the threat of hefty court fines, legal costs, damage to reputation and possible prison sentences hanging over senior management.
Over the years, our health and safety solicitors have acted for businesses, directors, health and safety advisers, landlords, charities and insurers on a wide range of health and safety issues.
Our specialist health and safety solicitors can assist by:
- providing legal compliance advice
- providing legal advice and assistance following an accident, to ensure you are best placed to deal with a criminal investigation or respond to a civil claim
- advising and representing you following the service of a notice of contravention, improvement or prohibition notice
- providing strategic advice if you are facing a criminal investigation by a regulator, such as the Health and Safety Executive or a local authority
- representing you at an interview under caution (PACE interview)
- advising on potential penalties
- representing you at the Magistrates’ Court or Crown Court
So that we can help you achieve the best possible outcome, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible after an incident, if you become aware of an investigation or receive an enforcement notice or court summons.
Sarah Wheadon, who heads up our Regulatory team has been recognised by the Chambers & Partners legal directory for her knowledge of health and safety law and is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association.
If you have a health and safety query which you would like to discuss with a health and safety solicitor, then please contact us on 0800 2800 421 or using the contact form.