Sam is a solicitor in the Commercial Property team at Trethowans, based in the Salisbury office. Sam specialises in landlord and tenant matters, property acquisitions and disposals and lease management.
Sam works closely with a diverse client base, made up of institutional property developers and lenders to individuals, pension schemes and SMEs.
Sam joined Trethowans in July 2021 having previously spent 5 years at a national firm where he qualified as a solicitor in March 2019.
Notable work highlights
- Complex property restructuring for pension scheme client involving sale of freehold interest and simultaneous leaseback, and surrender and re-grant of occupational underlease of part;
- Purchase of garage site and MOT testing facility for individual property investor;
- Sale of agricultural land to developer subject to overage agreement.
Areas of expertise
- Negotiating and drafting leases, licences and agreements for lease, acting for both landlord and tenant
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold interests., including portfolios, mixed-use investments and industrial sites
- Secured lending (term and bridging loans) acting for both borrower and lender, and on dual-representation basis
- Development work including experience with option agreements, overage and conditional contracts
- Portfolio restructuring, intra-group transfers and transfers of equity
What our clients say about Sam
“Sam Flowers of Trethowans solicitors was acting on behalf of the SIPP and had the difficult task of having to work with the both the solicitors for the purchasers, and our solicitors as freeholders. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him….Having not been involved in a transaction of this nature before, it was very reassuring to know that I could call Sam, who was able to explain what was happening, and why, and then discuss the next actions required. The Trethowans service was precisely what we were hoping for when we selected them from the list supplied by the SIPP.”
“Sam Flowers was appointed to work on a matter to help me buy a commercial property. He gave me very practical advice and responded very quickly to any communications and brought the matter to a successful conclusion with the minimum of fuss despite the vendors introducing some complications.”
“I found Mr Flowers to be exceptionally professional in the approach he took in completing the conveyance of a commercial property for me. It was a breath of fresh air to find a solicitor that was very proactive and didn’t need chasing. I will be using Mr Flowers again for my future commercial property acquisitions and I thoroughly recommend his services.”