Regulatory compliance is essential, yet complex. We will help make sure you meet all your legal requirements and, if something does go wrong, give you dependable, expert support.
How we can help you
We offer specialist advice that spans health and safety, fire safety, data protection, environmental, bribery, food safety, animal welfare and Trading Standards. With in-depth knowledge, we are perfectly placed to take proactive action, safeguarding your business, enhancing its value and protecting your reputation. Where needed, we can draw on other Trethowans’ teams to offer a complete commercial service.
Should ‘the worst happen’ – and occasionally it does – the consequences can be severe: criminal convictions, hefty fines, imprisonment and adverse publicity. We can support you throughout any criminal investigation, media coverage and court proceedings. Whatever happens, we will always give you clear, robust advice you can trust.
We can help by:
- advising on regulatory compliance issues
- undertaking legal ‘health checks’ to identify areas of concern and prioritise risk
- reviewing and drafting policies and procedures
- providing strategic advice during a criminal investigation
- attending interviews under caution (PACE interviews) with you
- defending prosecutions brought by regulators such as the Health and Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Fire & Rescue Services or local authorities
- representing you at the Magistrates’ or Crown court
- delivering bespoke training
So that we can help you achieve the best possible outcome, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible after an incident, if you become aware of an investigation or receive a court summons.
Sarah Wheadon, who heads up the Regulatory team has a wealth of experience in this area and has been described by the Chambers & Partners legal directory as being “quick, efficient”, “exceptionally able and dedicated” and “absolutely first class” as well as being recognised for her knowledge of health and safety and environmental law. She is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association and UK Environmental Law Association.
For more information about how we can help you, please contact us on 0800 2800 421 or using the contact form.
“Quick and efficient … exceptionally able and dedicated … absolutely first class.”