Kate is a Senior Associate in the Private Client team at Trethowans.
Kate qualified as a Solicitor in 2003 and began her career at firms in Somerset and Devon. Kate relocated to the South Coast in 2008 (where she is originally from) taking a position at Wilsons Solicitors in their Private Wealth team where she worked for 10 years dealing with, in particular, high net worth clients and working with national charities.
Kate moved to Moore Barlow in 2018 specialising in Probate work in particular and eventually running their Private Wealth team in their Richmond office.
Kate joined Trethowans in March 2022.
Notable work highlights
- Extensive experience dealing with complex estate administration issues which include foreign assets/estates, intestacy issues, double probates, complex family arrangements;
- Experience making unusual probate applications, such as interim or emergency grants of probate;
- Advises a wide range of clients from those who have small estates to those with several millions in assets on a variety of matters including wills, estate planning, elderly client advice, trusts, tax reliefs and powers of attorney.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Full member of Society of Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Associate member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Secretary of the Central Southern Solicitors for the Elderly group