Leyla qualified as a solicitor in 2012 in Winchester and has since worked in firms throughout Hampshire. She spent seven years at a large firm in Southampton and more recently was head of department in a Basingstoke firm. Leyla heads up the Winchester private client team.
Leyla’s expertise includes all areas of private client law including trust creation and the administration of complex estates as well as contentious probate, where she has acted in Will disputes as well as advising on Inheritance Act claims. Leyla has acted in the administration of disputed estates including applications under section 116 Senior Courts Act 1981 and applications for interim grants. She also has expertise in Will drafting and estate planning and lasting powers of attorney, as well as advising in relation to Will trusts, deeds of variation and declarations of trust.
Leyla is a fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly and member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). Leyla serves on the committee of STEP’s local branch and is currently their chair.
Leyla has a sympathetic, pragmatic approach to dealing with clients and has been described as professional and helpful by clients.
Notable work highlights
- Acting in the administration of an estate of over £7 million with multiple properties and other assets.
- Advising various clients on the creation of a lifetime trusts to hold company shares and to hold property.
- Varying the estate of an intestate to create a trust for a vulnerable beneficiary.
- Varying an estate to redirect a portion of the deceased’s residence to their child so as to claim the Inheritance Tax Residence Nil Rate Band saving the estate over £50,000 of Inheritance Tax.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Solicitors for the Elderly