After qualifying in 2009 Adam worked at a multi-office firm in the New Forest, becoming a Director in 2013 aged 28. In 2015 he joined another local law firm and became joint head of department in 2018. He joined Trethowans in 2021 and heads up the Private Client Team in the Dorset region.
Adam is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and a full member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
Notable work highlights
- Extensive experience of advising high net worth individuals, providing estate and tax planning advice both pre and post death.
- Advises on a broad range of private client issues. His particular expertise lies in trusts and estate/tax planning.
- Specialist expertise in dealing with professional sports people and GPs.
- Extensive experience in dealing with cross border estates.
- Acting in a farming estate valued in the region of £15 million to ensure that sufficient Inheritance Tax Reliefs (IHT) were claimed to ensure that no IHT was payable.
- Restructuring the administration of an estate via a Deed of Variation resulting in an IHT saving of over £470,000.00.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
- Full member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
What our clients say about Adam
“Adam Scott is always available for legal support in a timely fashion with vast knowledge of his subject area, all of which is passed on to clients in a very friendly and down to earth manner.”
Insights and thoughts written by Adam
What should I consider before making gifts to my children?
27 Oct 2023•
3 min read
Why do I need to think about my will and estate planning when going through a separation?
28 Jun 2023•
< 1 min read
The importance of updating your will regularly
29 Jun 2022•
3 min read
Why use a solicitor to administer an estate
04 Mar 2022•
2 min read