Jenny is an experienced Chartered Legal Executive specialising in Wills, Powers of Attorney, obtaining Probate and estate administration. Having joined the firm in 1998 Jenny qualified as a Legal Executive in 2002.
Notable work highlights
- Acting for a client to reduce a large inheritance tax bill through a Deed of Variation.
Obtaining probate urgently following a death to avoid the loss of an associated property sale.
- Completing Inheritance Tax Return to include all available exemptions and reliefs to mitigate liability to IHT.
- Receiving instructions from terminally ill client and arranging for Will to be prepared and signed within 24 hours.
- Drafting Wills to incorporate trusts to shelter estate from care fees and also to ensure assets pass to chosen beneficiaries on second marriage.
- Preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney to enable family to look after the best interests of a loved one with declining mental capacity.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
What our clients say about Jenny
“I wish to take this opportunity of commending Jenny Shucksmith’s expertise, courtesy and efficiency. Impressed by Jenny’s attitude and knowledge my wife and I, who were not previously clients of the firm, sought her assistance recently in revising our Wills.”
“I once again tender my thanks to Jenny and the firm for all your care over the last year. I will recommend your firm to anyone who asks. My family and I have had the best attention and care throughout my bereavement and before that anyone could have wished.”
“Jenny’s ability to navigate and explain the sometimes ponderous language associated with wills and succession is admirable. She is patient, sensitive and professional in her approach.”