Contracts are the cornerstone of your employment relationship. Our employment contract solicitors can prepare robust employment contracts and service agreements to provide the security and flexibility you need in a changing business environment.
Contracts will offer invaluable contractual protection for your key business assets like confidential information, intellectual property, business contacts, staff and branding both during employment and when your employee leaves you. Many employers do not realise that these valuable business assets can be left unprotected following the end of an employment contract, without appropriate express contract terms, leaving their business vulnerable.
We can provide you with an affordable, easy to digest and easy to replicate contract that covers all the key terms of employment – easy to amend without the usual inconvenience and additional cost, as your business changes. Or a tailored set of contracts for all your staff, including your senior management team and directors. We are experienced in preparing enforceable and bespoke restrictive covenants, confidentiality provisions and bonus schedules.
We can also prepare consultancy agreements for your contractors, whether you are engaging with an individual or via a business. To compliment this, we can support you with CEST assessments to help you stay the right side of IR35and HMRC. We work closely with our commercial team for the more bespoke agreements including drafting detailed insourcing and outsourcing TUPE provisions.
Our employment contract solicitors can prepare:
- Robust Service Agreements for executive directors
- Plain English contracts for your staff
- Consultancy agreements for your contractors and consultants
- Review agency worker agreements
- Review and amend apprenticeship contracts
- Review and amend and preparation of additional remuneration schemes – bonus schemes, commission schemes, share scheme and LTIP schemes etc.
- Post-termination restrictions to protect your valuable assets such as confidential information, business contacts, customers and staff.
- Training agreements
We can also:
- Review and advise on contractual restraints imposed on a potential recruit (and you) via the employment contract from their previous employer
- Help you to negotiate revised terms/trade one term for another with a previous employer or new employer on the effect of restrictions on a prospective or ex-employee
Why choose Trethowans?
We are a leading Firm recognised in the Legal 500 2023 and Chambers and Partners 2023. Our Employment Team is also ranked in for Employment Law in the South in the Chamber and Legal 500.
For expert legal advice don’t hesitate to contact our employment tribunal solicitors on 0800 2800 421.