Laura is a Senior Associate in Trethowans’ Commercial Property team. She acts for a broad spectrum of investment portfolio clients and specialises in land development for residential purposes. Laura joined Trethowans’ Commercial Property Team in 2015 and prior to this worked in-house for one of the county’s largest property service providers.
Laura acts for commercial investors, regional and local house builders, land promotors, development companies, those selling land to them and the banks and investors who fund them. Her work encompasses options, conditional contracts, sub-sales, overage agreements, development agreements, development finance, setting up residential housing estates, planning and infrastructure agreements and joint venture agreements.
The work she is instructed on ranges from individual covenant negotiations, to complex development acquisitions involving multiple parties, staged completions and bespoke funding arrangements.
Notable work highlights
- Acquisition of town-centre flagship residential development site for construction of 80 flats, from initial pre-contract due diligence, through planning, acquisition and construction.
- Acting for the development company in relation to a new village development of more than 1,600 new homes with associated green space and local amenities.
- Acquisition and disposal by way of sub-sale of affordable housing phase comprising 32 townhouses and 25 apartments at mixed-use town-centre development site.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Member of the Southampton Property Association.
- Ranked in Chambers UK Guide 2023.
What our clients say about Laura
“I am currently working with Laura and am impressed by her pleasant demeanour and commercial mindset.”
“Laura is a reliable and capable lawyer with a strong client base.”
“Laura is excellent.”
Chambers Guide 2023
“She is a really active lawyer who is very well thought of. She is a very commercial and client-focused practitioner.”
Chambers Guide 2023