Akbar is a Senior Associate in the commercial property team at Trethowans. Akbar joined Trethowans in 2021 and has been working in the South Coast commercial property market since qualifying as a solicitor in 2010.
Notable work highlights
- Regularly acts for banks and lenders in connection with secured lending work. Recently acted for a bank in connection with a £18m facility to a national retailer.
- Dealt with the purchase of a multi-storey, two wing office block in Fareham subject to numerous tenancies for a price of £4.8m.
- Dealt with the purchase of a £3m pound shopping centre subject to over fifteen separate tenancies.
- Following completion of the purchase of an industrial park, dealt with the management of the site for a local authority including the grant of leases of certain units and sales, on conditional sale agreements, of other units.
- Acted for a seller in connection with the simultaneous sales of three separate properties (each to different buyers) with the total sale prices exceeding £3m.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Southampton Property Association.
What our clients say about Akbar
“… your support has been first class and much appreciated, thank you.”
“Akbar was a complete breath of fresh air – he is that rare thing, a solicitor who is both very technically good and commercially-minded. He is incredibly efficient, turning around new draft leases for us within a week – complete with a helpful summary of the key terms for our convenience.”