Collaborative, commercially focused, cost effective and well versed in the complexities of this fast-moving sector. Our Commercial Property team offers expert advice to regional and local house-builders, land promoters and land owners; enabling us to provide a well-rounded and forward thinking approach to every transaction.
Our property and land development team are regularly instructed on all aspects of commercial and residential property development, from option agreements and conditional contracts, to overage agreements and development finance.
Our team has recently advised:
- a group of landowners in relation to very long option agreements with a major housebuilder in relation to some strategically important land to be developed providing several hundred new homes within the next decade.
- a regional property developer on the acquisition, construction, and disposal of much needed new homes to a national housing association.
- a private investor on the acquisition and redevelopment of a Hampshire business park for an increased density of commercial units and new development of residential accommodation on part of the park.
- a local property developer regards title issues on a development site they have already purchased and providing legal support, technical understanding, and practical next steps guidance to resolve the issues.
We are highly experienced in establishing processes to manage large number of transactions against tight timescales. We pride ourselves on being friendly and down to earth and the feedback from our clients is that they really value our no-nonsense can-do attitude to our work.
Our land development solicitors can help you with:
- Site acquisition and disposal
- Land assemblies
- Option agreements
- Conditional contracts
- Overage agreements
- Infrastructure agreements
- S106 agreements
- CIL liabilities
- Site set up for leasehold and freehold plots
- Commercial and residential plot sales
Why choose Trethowans?
With a unique understanding of the property industry, our dedicated land development solicitors have years of experience specialising in all aspects of commercial and residential property development, from site purchase to plot sales.
We are one of the largest commercial property teams in the region, with offices in Bournemouth, Poole, Salisbury, Southampton, Winchester and London. We are able to work more flexibly – allocating our work to make sure we’re giving you high-quality advice at a competitive fee.
Our commercial property team are also recommended by The Legal 500 2022 UK Guide.
For expert advice regarding land development, don’t hesitate to contact our team on 0800 2800 421.