Richard trained at Trethowans and joined the Agricultural and Rural Property team in our Winchester office. He has worked on a wide variety of property transactions involving landed estates, farmland, agricultural tenancies, farming partnerships and agri-environmental schemes.
Prior to joining Trethowans, Richard served for 9 years in the Royal Marines before deciding to pursue a career in the legal profession. Richard studied the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course with Bournemouth University, achieving a distinction in both.
Notable work highlights
- Acquired and sold a number of country houses and farms, working to resolve issues to progress each transaction.
- Assisted with the acquisition of an estate and farmland totalling £25m.
- Drafted partnership agreements and associated documents for farming families involving retiring partners and succession planning.
- Assisted landowners and farmers with a wide variety of legal issues.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Agricultural Law Association.
- Hampshire Farmers Club.