If you are involved in a property dispute, whether, residential or agricultural, our experienced property litigation lawyers can provide practical advice to help resolve the dispute quickly and cost effectively.
Where possible we seek to resolve disputes using alternative resolution methods such as mediation and arbitration, which are more informal and less adversarial than a court trial. If court is necessary, we will pursue your case robustly and efficiently. Whichever route may be necessary, we will seek the best and most cost-effective result on your behalf.
Our property litigation and dispute resolution solicitors can help with:
- Rent and service charge disputes
- Possession claims
- Compulsory purchase claims
- Upper Tribunal Lands Chambers (formerly known as Lands Tribunal) claims
- Disputes regarding repair, decoration or leasehold covenants
- Professional negligence claims regarding property
- Leasehold enfranchisement / lease extensions / right to manage
- Disputed applications for consent to assign/under-let and regarding consent to alterations
- Restrictive covenants disputes
- Rights of way and easement disputes
- Tenant’s insolvency
- Rights of light disputes
Individuals as Home Owners
We recognise that your home is an important asset which on occasion may need to be protected. The Property Litigation team provides a comprehensive service to cover all of your needs in particular:
- Rights of way disputes
- Boundary issues
- Party wall disputes
- Right to light claims
- Breach of covenant
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Co-ownership disputes
- Constructive trusts
- Proprietary estoppel claims
- Nuisance claims
- Professional negligence (solicitor or surveyor) claims relating to property
- Upper Tribunal Land Chamber (formerly Lands Tribunal ) claims
Residential tenanted property
The Property Litigation team acts for a wide range of both landlords and tenants from those with only one property to those with a large portfolio covering the whole of England and Wales. The types of issue typically dealt with include:
- Rent arrears
- Breaches of the tenancy agreement as to use or nuisance
- Possession claims
- Compensation for damage to property
Why choose Trethowans?
Our property litigation and dispute resolution solicitors will work closely with you and your professional advisors (including surveyors) and where necessary we can provide complementary legal expertise including commercial and agricultural property advice.
To find out more, contact our dispute resolution team today on 0800 2800 421.