If you have been injured or had an illness caused by medical negligence whilst working for the armed forces, you can make a military injury claim against your employer or any third party at fault.
Our experienced armed forces injury solicitors have a proven track record of handling a variety of claims for personnel in the armed forces (Navy, RAF, MOD, Army). You can make a claim even if you are still in the armed forces.
Types of military injury claims include:
- Accidents at work
- Road traffic accidents
- Medical negligence by medical officers and hospitals
- Claims for military dependents
Whether your injury was sustained whilst you were serving at home or abroad, on or off-duty, a military injury claim for compensation may be made. We can give you a realistic assessment of your case from the outset and practical guidance on how to proceed. Most injured parties only have 3 years within which to bring a personal injury claim, either from the date of injury or from the date of knowledge, whether you are still serving or not.
Examples of where our armed forces injury solicitors have helped include:
- Slipping on a tank – Failure to maintain the surface of a tank which led to a soldier slipping and sustaining a back injury.
- Medical negligence – Preventing a soldier from attending a doctors appointment for treatment of a condition, which led to him becoming blind.
- Faulty equipment – The failure of a soldier’s holding equipment which led to serious head and eye injuries.
- Falling from a helicopter – A soldier fell from a helicopter and sustained a serious head injury, which led to him being medically discharged. Compensation was recovered for the full loss of earnings, pension, the cost of care and rehabilitation, and a move to more suitable accommodation.
Why choose Trethowans?
Our dedicated personal injury lawyers can guide you through the process and provide advice in a way that is as clear and stress free as possible. We aim to put your mind at ease whilst providing unrivalled legal advice and support, helping you get the compensation you deserve.